Sunday 30 March 2014

Northern Star Polish - Mullberry, Carnivale, Peacock Party

[Press Kit]

Hello!

I am back today with 3 other Northern Star Polishes for you! If you'd missed my review on Berry Much In Love and Lettuce cuticle oil, click here!

Today, I will be showing you Mullberry, Carnivale and Peacock Party that is part of Northern Star Polish's current collection!

First up, how about Mullberry? :)
Northern Star Polish's Mullberry
Northern Star Polish's Mullberry


"Mulberry is a dark mauve/purple polish with twinkling mica flakies and color shifting micro glitter. Mulberry is a special release, and $5 from each bottle sold will be donated to the National Network to Endt Domestic Violence"- Northern Star Polish store

It is a polish for a cause! :D Ain't that already worthy of your purchase? Maybe some pictures will make you even eager to buy this mauve polish? :)
Northern Star Polish's Mullberry (Macro)
Northern Star Polish's Mullberry (Macro)
You can see that the glitter in Mullberry is trapped within the layers of polish. Only up-close would you be able to see the dazzling beauty of this polish. Can you see the holo and bigger flakies in this polish? :)

Northern Star Polish's Mullberry
Northern Star Polish's Mullberry
These are all 2 coats of Mullberry with a layer of Duri Rejuvocate (base coat). At first, I left it without a topcoat. However, I wanted to see the look with top coat over it, so I used one coat of Glisten and Glow's HK Girl topcoat on it! I personally prefer that glossy-ness over the Mullberry. Just look at it shine!
Northern Star Polish's Mullberry
Northern Star Polish's Mullberry
Next up, Carnivale

It is a light pink holo polish! It is much girly as compared to "Berry Much In Love'. The holo in the polish is also not as strong as "Berry Much In Love".

Northern Star Polish's Carnivale
Northern Star Polish's Carnivale
"Carnivale is a bright pink polish with linear holographic finish" - Northern Star Polish store

Northern Star Polish's Carnivale
Northern Star Polish's Carnivale
Northern Star Polish's Carnivale
Northern Star Polish's Carnivale
Northern Star Polish's Carnivale
Northern Star Polish's Carnivale

I find this color very sweet and adds a sense of feminine touch to any lady who has these on her nails. I would imagine myself using this for a my first date out or even on Valentine's day! 


I have 1 coat of Duri Rejuvocate (used as a base coat), followed by 2 coats of Carnivale with no topcoat. 



Lastly, we have Peacock Party.

Northern Star Polish's Peacock Party
Northern Star Polish's Peacock Party

'Peacock Party is a dark teal blue color with a light linear holographic finish, wiggkle your fingertips and see a party of peacocks appear' - Northern Star Polish store

Northern Star Polish's Peacock Party
Northern Star Polish's Peacock Party
Northern Star Polish's Peacock Party
Northern Star Polish's Peacock Party
Northern Star Polish's Peacock Party
Northern Star Polish's Peacock Party

This is my personal favourite out of the four polishes that I have received. Why? Im a lover of blue (or teal) polishes! Plus, its a holo polish!  Also, I think that the polish name is very apt, I am reminded of the peacock feathers I used to get from the my school excursions when I was young.


As all other Northern Star Polishes, it's consistency is more towards the thicker. So for those who prefer thicker formulas, Northern Star Polish is the way to go! Those who prefer thinner consistency can just add in 1-2 drops of thinner :) However, do note not to add too much thinner as it will ruin the polish in the long run.It has a really fast drying time. The polish is 4-Free (No Formaldehyde, NO Dibutyl Phthalate (DBO), NO Toulene, NO Formaldehyde-Resin). It is also vegan and cruelty-free. Well, that just adds on to the pros of purchasing Northern Star Polish's polishes!

If you are seeing this, do note that Northern Star Polish is offering up to 20% off (no discount code needed) up till 31st March 2014. This is part of her 2nd Anniversary Sale! The prices of her product has all been marked down :) So what are you waiting for! Start shopping!


Her links:



Hope you enjoyed my review of Northern Star Polish's products! Be sure to follow me on my sites (GFC, Bloglovin', Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest)! Check out my buttons on the right column! :D

<3
C.


Disclaimer: This product was sent to me for an honest review. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours. Although I do my best to take photos that accurately display the color of the polish, please note that computer screen settings may vary, causing the polish to look different.

No comments:

Post a Comment